Tips to help you commemorate, celebrate, and support the United Nations World World Autism Awareness Day on April 2nd and National Awareness Day Month in April.
- Check for autism-related conferences in your area.
- Help to advocate and educate people about autism.
- Recommend autism-friendly businesses to others.
- If you own a business, light it up blue to raise awareness about autism
- Raise awareness in the community by hosting an autism social in your area. View Family Autism Network’s social toolkit here.
- Follow organizations celebrating Autism Awareness and share their posts.
- Give special thanks to teachers and therapists that have made a difference.
- Spend time with a friend or family member with autism; consider giving friends and family a respite break.