- Take a picture on your phone before you leave home so if lost, it will be easier to identify your grandchild and the clothing worn that day.
- Pin identification information and your cell phone number to the back of your grandchild’s shirt.
- Check the airport layout and find out how far you will have to go… and plan ahead how to accommodate to get there on time.
- Pack extra medication – pack double of anything important and keep one set in the checked bag and one set in your carry-on bag.
- Check to see what perks you have as a rewards member or cardholder to see if you can get lounge access or any other perks that will help you.
Download your grandchild’s favorite calming music or games to play while you’re waiting for your flight at the airport… and on the plane.
- Let people know you are out with children with autism so they may be a little more helpful (you can do this subtly by wearing our Grandparent Autism Network caps.
- More travel tips are available on our website.