This Tool Kit is specially designed for grandparents of children who have been diagnosed with autism.
This Tool Kit will help you to:
- Learn about autism and its impact on your family.
- Discover ways to support your children who may be struggling with their child’s autism diagnosis.
- Find out ways to develop the best relationship you can with your grandchild.
- Feel supported and encouraged so you do not feel lonely or overwhelmed.
Thank you to the members of the community who reviewed this Tool Kit and shared resources for this project:
- Connie Anderson, Ph.D., Community Scientific Liaison, Interactive Autism Network (IAN).
- Shirley Craven, Ph.D., Autism Speaks Chicagoland Chapter, Fearless Grandparents Against Autism Support Group, Chicago, IL
- Bonnie Gillman, Founder and Executive Director, Grandparent Autism Network, Irvine, CA
- Nan Goldberg, Founder, Our Special Grandkids, St Louis, MO
- Bob and Jan Kaufman, Founder, Our Special Grandkids, St Louis, MO
- Ilene Litvag, Founder, Our Special Grandkids, St Louis, MO
- Nancy Miltenberger, Volunteer Chair, Walk Now for Autism Speaks, Lehigh Valley, PA
Click HERE to download the Guide (PDF).