- This event has passed.
2022 Summit on Disability and Inclusion “Building Spaces for Belonging”
August 12 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Summit on Disability and Inclusion is TPI’s signature event that brings together current research and community partners to highlight best practices that will improve the lives of people with disabilities by supporting inclusivity for all.
The 2022 Summit on Disability and Inclusion will center around the theme “Building Spaces for Belonging.” The keynote presenter for the Summit is Diana Pastora Carson, an educator and disability rights advocate with over 30 years experience in education. She is a consultant and trainer on diversity as it relates to disability and is the author of several articles and books including Beyond Awareness: Bringing Disability into Diversity Work in K-12 Schools & Communities, as well as her children’s book, Ed Roberts: Champion of Disability Rights. She has compiled her disability awareness teachings in a digital course entitled “Beyond Awareness: Disability Awareness That Matters.”
- Welcome from Dr. Reginald Chhen Stewart, Vice President Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Chapman University
- Keynote Address from Diana Pastora Carson, Disability Rights Advocate and Educator
- Transition Services Panel with Self-Advocate and Orange County Service Providers
- Current Research and Initiatives in Teacher Education and Inclusive Practices
- Excellence in Disability Award Presentation to the Honorable Dave Cortese, California State Senate
Continental Breakfast: 8:30 to 9:00 am
Event: 9:00 to 12:00 pm
This event is FREE to attend, but registration is required. Please click the LINK to register.